This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Thursday 14 December 2017

13 Resurrected Sample

Pageflex Persona [document: PRS0000447_00006]
DEATH

“Noun: the action or fact of dying or being killed; the end of the life of a person or organism.”

It’s the only certain thing in life. A journey every living creature is forced to take. It cannot be eluded, and there’s no escaping its fatal claws. It’s the one constant in every religion that cannot be proved wrong…death will find everyone.

But what if death is not the end? What if it’s only the beginning?

Stories of the living dead have been told through the centuries. Some of us want to believe, and some of us are too afraid to face the truth that sometimes—just sometimes—the dead never leave.

This is a collection of stories bound to make you question every belief, filling in the blanks of the unknown. Whether it’s the woman scorned finally given a chance for revenge after death, or an evil force trapping generations of a single family in a home for eternity—these are the deadly tales told from the grave.

Do not think it’s over when the Grim Reaper comes to call.

Death is not the final masquerade.

13 is Resurrected…

Are you afraid?

Featuring 'The Game' by Samie Sands

Today’s the day. 
I spent all last night gearing myself up for what I’m pretty sure I have to do. I haven’t totally worked out how I’m going to go about it, I only know I need to put an end to this group before they can remove the skin of another person. I can’t sit back and allow that, it just wouldn’t be right. I grip so tightly onto the knife in my boots the blade cuts into my fingers. I ignore the blood trickling down my hand, keeping my eyes fixed forward while I try my best to prepare myself. I can feel myself blooming, blossoming, becoming a new person, and this is someone I actually like. 
Finally, I'm someone worthwhile. I’m a person with my own game.  
For the longest time I’ve tried to convince myself I’m more than simply a pawn in everyone else’s games. Now that I’m rewriting my own rules I can see I’ve never been special. I’ve never been above anyone else, I’ve just been lucky. What comes next has nothing to do with luck. I’m grabbing the bull by the horns and taking full control.  
“Hey,” my asshole best friend Alex calls out to me, jolting me from my thoughts. “I suggest you get yourself ready.” 
“Why?” There’s no lilt of sarcasm to my voice now. I’m cold and monotone, and it feels good.  
“Because today’s the day. Boss has decided we’re going to your camp. It’s time to get the shit we need from your people.” 
My people.  
Even though I’ve left them, they still feel like that. I actually feel like I have a group to call my own, and they’re relying on me. I guess leaving wasn’t enough. I’ve never let them go.  
“Why’s it taken so long?” 
“None of your business.” He grabs my arm and tugs me out of the room. I allow myself to be pulled easily. I don’t want to act differently at all. I need him to be as unassuming as possible so no one gets suspicious. “Come on, let’s go.” 
It’s starting.  
My heart thunders so painfully in my chest I can almost feel it bouncing off my ribcage. Anticipation runs thickly through my bloodstream. If I’m going to do this I need to start now. I have this guy alone right now. If I let him get me out there things could easily spin out of my control. And it's not only that, my judgment could easily be off. There could be hundreds of guys in this group just waiting to take me down if I dare step out of line. 
It’s time, it’s now. It has to be now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...