This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Wednesday 5 July 2017

13 Authors! @lukeswan3

thumbnail_13 Déjà Vu Banner 1500x760.jpg
Luke Swanson is just one of the 13 amazing authors featured in 13 Deja Vu. Learn more about him here...
12239896_10153366305234037_1275005502579996054_n
1. For starters, can you please give us an insight into your story in 13 Deja Vu? 
My short story in "Deja Vu" is "Sacrifice," a new mystery starring my character Detective Jason Flynn. "Sacrifice" is a stand-alone sequel to my thriller novel "The Ten." Fans of that book will know that the city of Los Angeles was plunged into a pretty dark place, and "Sacrifice" confirms its darkest days are ahead. The story is independent enough for new readers of mine to jump in, but it also features characters and themes from "The Ten," as well as continue the story of Jason Flynn.
2. What is the one thing you wish your readers knew about you?
I love storytelling because it is how we can grasp the complexities of life. Only in real life can we face terrible tragedies, pure joy, and full-blown laughter all in the same day. I try to include all of that in my own stories-- humor, intensity, drama, emotion, and truth.
3. Can you describe your writing style in three words?
Quick, intense, vivid.
4. What does your writing process look like? 
I write and think in momentum. Ideas come infrequently in spurts, but when they do, I can hardly contain them.
5. Who is your favourite character that you have written?
Sure, I love Jason, the intelligent, hardened hero, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I loved writing the dialogue and point-of-view for Jack Magnum, the politician with the IQ of bean dip.
6. How long does it take you to write a book?
I wrote "The Ten" for years and years. In my first go, I wrote about a third of the book, decided it was terrible, and dropped it. A long time later, I revisited the pages and found I had been correct-- it was terrible. I basically rewrote what I had, finished, and then set it on the shelf. About a year passed before I combed through and did personal edits and revisions. All in all, it was a four-year process for my debut novel.
7. What writing challenges have you had to overcome?
I can often visualize the ending of a story before anything else-- where do I want this all to wind up? I can plot out points A and B, but drawing the line between them, while keeping the pace up and the reader interested, is my biggest challenge.
8. What is your favourite novel?
I adore "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak. It's the sort of brilliant concept that makes you groan "Why didn't I think of that?" I wouldn't want to write it, though, because every sentence of that book is perfect. It absolutely drips with imaginative language.
9. Tell us more about some of your other work.
"The Ten" is a pulse-pounding murder-mystery in which Jason Flynn pursues Abel, a conniving killer who chooses and executes his victims based on the Ten Commandments. It is my first (and currently only) novel, and as I referenced above, it took years to get in working condition. It's truly a labor of love, and I'm immensely proud of it. If you enjoy "Sacrifice," check out Jason's first adventure!
10. And finally, where can people find out more about you? 
Talk to me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ByLukeSwanson, or follow me on Instagram. I'd love to hear from you!
Pageflex Persona [document: PRS0000446_00066]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...