This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Friday 1 July 2016

Excerpt and Author Interview from "We Will Always Have The Closet" by Natalina Reis

 pi
What inspires you to write?
Pretty much anything; music, something I witnessed at the coffee shop, something that happened at work, dreams, pictures, words…there is an infinite source for writing inspiration in the world around us.
Tell us about your writing process.
I’m a pantser who plans the bare minimum (and even that is often changed as I write). I just sit at the computer and let my brain and my fingers take me where they may. It sounds weird but it works most of the time. I seem to be very productive when I write at my favorite coffee shop. I think the noise around me, the human ebb and flow just stimulates my imagination.
Do you listen (or talk to) to your characters?
I talk to my characters ALL the time as if they really exist, which of course they do even if only in my head 🙂 I especially enjoy “discussing” things with them when I am stuck. The characters are often the ones who create the next step in my stories. I guess writing is a very special kind of madness, LOL.
Who are your favorite authors?
I have so many, but on the top of the list I have to put Jane Austen, the Bronte sisters, Agatha Christie, J.K. Rowling, Kate Morton, Victoria Aveyard, and Mary E. Pearson.
How did you decide how to publish your books?
I have always wanted to be traditionally published so I decided to try it again (I had tried it many years ago). To my shock and delight I was picked up by a publisher shortly after I began submitting my novel. Self-publishing scares me a little, so going the traditional way is a bit like having a safety blanket.
What do you think about the future of book publishing?
I can only hope that book lovers keep growing and that the business never disappears. It will obviously change with the times, but I think people will always need that escape, that time and space travelling device that is literature in one form or another.
What genres do you write?
Romance, Fantasy, Speculative Fiction
What formats are your books in?
eBook, Print
 Picture1
Buy at:
 Picture2
Social Links

Excerpt from We Will Always Have the Closet
 “Hmph.” She felt herself bump into someone. Her first instinct was to run out, but her common sense dictated she stay put. If she left the closet, Jonas would catch her red-handed, and she was not going to give him the satisfaction. It was pitch dark in the oddly small closet and she couldn’t see who was behind her. But she could feel his hard body crushed against hers, his muscle tight against her softness. She tried to make room between them but to no avail. Unsettled, she wiggled in vain, trying to put some space between them. The empty hangers swung by her head and she reached up to stop the ensuing rattling. Who made such a tiny closet?
Strong hands spun her around until she was facing the stranger. “Don’t say anything,” the male voice whispered in her ear. His warm breath on the side of her face sent an irrational shiver of pleasure through her. Her forever curious hands, caught between their bodies, moved of their own accord to explore the stranger’s sculptural hard muscles in unabashed awe. “Get a grip, you idiot,” she chided herself in a soft, but audible voice.
“Are you nuts?” the man whispered. “Do you want to be caught?” They both stiffened at the approaching sound of high heels clicking on the wooden floors. It was not Jonas after all.
“Maybe I don’t care if I get caught,” she spat in an annoyed whisper.
“Well, you did hide in this freakishly small closet, didn’t you?” he said by her ear, sending shivers down her spine once again. “Can you move away a bit?”
“Don’t you think I would if I could?” she replied, getting more irritated by the second; mostly with herself since her body seemed to be enjoying the close quarters a lot more than she felt was appropriate. She tried to wiggle her body away from his, succeeding instead at an even more intimate contact. By the feel of the hardness growing against her hip, he was also obviously enjoying their closeness. “Could you please control your loins?” she hissed between her teeth.
 “Loins? Really? Who says that nowadays?” He chuckled quietly, touching her ear with his lips. A soft moan escaped her lips as a frisson of pure pleasure ran through her. What kind of magic was this? “I am not the one who is rubbing herself against my so-called loins so just stop it and they will behave.”
Picture3

1 comment:

Cincopa Gallery

...