This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Sunday 22 February 2015

Forgotten Places Author Interviews: Dee Christensen

Can you tell me a bit about yourself?

I am the son of solider who became a soldier like many sons following their father’s foot steps.  After a career, I became many things, remaining a father, a husband and a son. 

What can you tell me about your story in Forgotten Places?

It’s a story about soldiering, and life.  It’s about the young, their determination and transformation through experience.   

Aside from the location, what was your inspiration for the story?

I’d never written a science fiction/fantasy story before.  I wanted to write something that I would love to read as a kid.

Do you have any other written works or is this your first?

I have a mystery novel that should be published soon- a book entitled, “And Now I’m Found”.  Just the other day I wrote two short stories for a competition, and I’m co-writing a book with another Forgotten Places author- Drew Willard.  I have, of course, written many reports for work.  I’m finding the same problem- getting the right people to read both my reports and my stories.  LOL.

Can you describe your writing style in three words?

Crude, but lovely.

Where can people find out more about you?


Forgotten Places
A rich, diverse collection of short stories inspired by some of Earth’s forgotten places. Organised by best-selling author Josh Walker and edited by Angel Blackwood, this collection of inspired stories brings something new and exciting. All proceeds from this anthology will be donated to St Judes Children’s Hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...