This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Sunday 15 February 2015

Forgotten Places Author Interviews: Beth Hammond

Photo on 2014-04-30 at 08.55 #3
1. Can you tell me a bit about yourself?
I’m a mother, wife, photographer, illustrator and writer. I love fantasy fiction and consider myself a bit of a nerd.
2. What can you tell me about your story in Forgotten Places?
‘Ambulant’ is a story about one woman’s journey through real life and dream state. She dreams about two things: A music box, and a sunken yacht. She must figure out the significance of overlapping events between life, and dream before darkness takes her.
3. Aside from the location, what was your inspiration for the story?
I can’t say too much without giving the ending away. Let me just say that I hope to bring some peace to families who have struggled with one of the most painful things that can happen in life.

4. Do you have any other written works or is this your first?
I wrote a novel called ‘The Sound of the Stones’ yet to be published. I am currently writing the sequel to that novel while the first is out for query.

5. Can you describe your writing style in three words?
My three words are: characterization, emotive, humorous.
6. Where can people find out more about you?
Forgotten Places
A rich, diverse collection of short stories inspired by some of Earth’s forgotten places. Organised by best-selling author Josh Walker and edited by Angel Blackwood, this collection of inspired stories brings something new and exciting. All proceeds from this anthology will be donated to St Judes Children’s Hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...