This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Friday 21 November 2014

Monster Attack Author Interviews: Vered Ehsani

Bio photo

1. ​ Can you please tell me a little bit about yourself and your work?
​I'm culturally confused: born in South Africa, raised in Canada and (for the past 14 years) living in Kenya . Writing helps ease the confusion. While I'm an engineer and environmental consultant by profession, I'm a storyteller by passion. Most of my books include diverse cultures and a paranormal aspect. The diverse culture part I understand, but I'm not sure what a fixation on the supernatural says about me; my two kids sometimes worry about that. ​
 
2. ​Can you please describe your story in Monster Attack?
​The Shongololo is extracted from the first book in The Society series, "Ghosts of Tsavo" (release date: early 2015). While out on a lion hunt, paranormal investigator Miss Bee wakes up to find a supernaturally enhanced shongololo (giant millipede) hovering above her face. She's not too impressed with the sight, and when her dead husband floats through the tent wall, that only aggravates her further. ​

Ghosts of Tsavo cover FINAL 

​3. ​How do you think you think you would fare against the monster featured in your story?
​Fairly well, as I know the trick to dealing with such beasts: a handful of cinnamon. That spice also works wonders against ants, by the way.
4. What are you currently working on?
​The fourth book in The Society series: 
A​rmed with Victorian etiquette, a fully loaded walking stick and a dead husband, Beatrice Knight arrives in colonial Kenya desperate for a pot of tea and a pinch of cinnamon.But she’ll need more than that if she’s to ​survive all the paranormal and supernatural creatures that await her. What is a ghost-chasing widow to do?
Think “Pride & Prejudice” meets “The Parasol Protectorate” in an “Out of Africa” setting 

​5. Where can people find out more about you?
​You can visit me and ​my​ world at http://veredehsani.co.za​;​ ​while you're there, pick up a free book ​about African paranormals and supernatural creatures.​ You never know when that information might come in handy.

Monster ebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...