This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Thursday 20 November 2014

Monster Attack Author Interviews: Alex Winck

alexandre 1

1. Can you please tell me a bit about yourself and your work?
I´m a Brazilian nerd who grew up in the eighties, which means I was a nerd long before it became cool, and with even less opportunities to make money out of it. I´ve loved comic books, science fiction, fantasy and horror since I can remember, and I´ve dreamed for a long time to write that stuff. I studied journalism in college because it was the most viable way to make a career out of writing, and it was an opportunity to learn a lot about a variety of subjects, while still trying to nurture my dream of becoming a fiction writer. By pure dumb luck, I got a spellchecking job at a company that published educational comic books for children, distributed for free at schools. Since I remembered loving cartoons, Disney comics and also Monica´s Gang - a highly popular comic book lineup for kids in Brazil, a pop culture icon here -, I took a shot at writing it, and ended up writing almost 100 issues of ir, with one million copies being distributed monthly. I still write some institutional and educational material, but lately I´ve focused more on my author´s work. I edit and write for the online comic book and short story anthology "Tales From The Absurd", devoted to horror, fantasy and sci-fi, recently had my first printed comic book horror story in the "Sinister Tales" anthology. I also have a script for a sci-fi/action thriller, an animated pilot, and a children´s book that´s close to getting a publishing deal in Brazil.

2. Can you tell me about your story in Monster Attack?
My idea was to write a zombie survival story from a completely different than usual perspective. Instead of a character who loved the person who became a zombie and agonized about shooting their brains out, or a lone survivor seeking to cure the plague, what if that lone survivor were actually a terrible person that hated everyone around him?

.3. How do you think you would fare against the monster in your story?
Well, I´d say the real monster in my story is the human being, but he´s good with a shotgun and sharp objects, so I´d still be in disadvantage.

4. What are you currently working on?
I´m about to finish a new issue of "Tales", also putting together three issues in English for Comxology, which recently approved our content for online selling, We´ll also offer the Portuguese and English versions along with other content as an online subscription system similar to Netflix. I´ll also be recording narrations for Creepypastas I wrote to upload on Youtube, plus writing comic book scripts and short stories to submit to various anthologies. I may also soon work as an actor for an independent horror short film that will be uploaded on YT as well.

Monster ebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...