This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Tuesday 16 September 2014

Lockdown Exceprt

Cover
Finally, I've done it.
Red lights, flashing. Alarms sounding. Panic. Fear. What have I done? This must be bad, really bad. I can hear a screaming noise, where is it coming from? I look around, all the cages are opening. They're coming out. This is it. Oh my God, I need to run. It's then I notice the screams are coming from me.
Time stands still. Everything has been so quiet for days, so the loud alarm noise feels like an intrusion on my brain, my thoughts. I can't get myself together enough to do something to stop it.
I turn and run, towards Mike. My plan was to rescue him and that's what I need to do. Then I realise I don't even know this guy. Loyalties forgotten, I move towards getting the hell out of there. I grab my bag and get to the door. The gun, I forgot to pick it up. I look back to see my chances of retrieving it, but there's no hope. The infected are everywhere, shambling towards me. I need to move right now.
I yank on the door, and just as I'm about to hot foot out of there, I feel the unmistakable rushing poker hot pain of teeth clamping down on my shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...