This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Monday 30 June 2014

Interview With J.L.Drake

51Cgn6opf3L._AA160_

Blurb: He was a hunter, a killer, a psychopath. He was always watching and waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

She was his greatest obsession.

Pushing through her past, Emily McPhee was finally where she wanted to be. She had pulled straight A’s, had a home in southern California, money and a great group of friends. One night her stalker decided to make his move and everything changed.
Now, fighting to get back to what she once had, Emily must deal with more than just this psychopath, but also with her cold mother and her one true love that’s pulling away. How hard would you fight the darkness that’s threatening to take over your life?

"Goose bumps raced over me as I desperately felt around the edges of the door, clawing at the wood next to it, trying to find a way out.  I heard a sound and found a set of eyes staring back at me from a Judas hole." –From What Lurks In The Dark

Links:


Review: Wow, this book is thoroughly gripping and exciting. It's told from various viewpoints and covers many genres: horror, thriller, romance...so there's something within it for everyone. The characters are well written and believable and the plot is one that will suck you in straight away. Highly recommended if you want something to read which you wont be able to put down!

Interview

Q: Can you please tell me a bit about yourself and your book?
A: I’m originally from Nova Scotia, Canada. I moved to Southern California roughly seven years. I’m a diehard hockey fan, I love to be near the water and love the band Tragically Hip. I’ve never thought of writing up until a year a half ago, it wasn’t until a friend told me she wrote a book that something clicked in me.
I’ve always loved darker novels and I thought I’d give it a try. So I decided to sit down and write and fourteen months later What Lurks in the Dark was finished.
Writing about a psychopath was a lot of fun for me. I did a ton of research and found after a while he was more interesting to write than the others. Not sure what that says about me! Now I’m addicted to writing and can’t wait to share more of my stories. I currently have several manuscripts in the works a few in different genres.

Q: What inspired you to write your book?
A: Anything written by James Patterson inspired me to write my novel. I love how he can write such twisted books, that sometimes makes you put them down and go “Holy S- that was intense!”

Q: Can you describe your writing style in three words?
A: Dark, gritty, romance.

Q: Do you base any of your characters on yourself or anyone you know?
A: That’s sort of tricky to answer because I take bits and pieces of personalities from people I know and form my characters from that. Minus the psychopath, I don’t know anyone as crazy as him.

Q: Who would you like to play the main characters in the film version?
A: Emily - Julianne Hough
Seth- Trevor Donovan
Lasko- Robert Knepper

Q: What is next for you?
A: I just finished writing a two book series called Nexus of Lies, I’m hoping to release it this January 2015. It’s my favorite story so far, I wrote the first book in three months. It’s a bit different then WLITD it’s more suspense and romance but there’s still some darkness to it too.
I’ll be releasing a few sneak peaks in the following months to come on my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...