This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Thursday 22 May 2014

Interview with Dyal Bailey - The Author of The Artsian: An Artistic Assassin Thriller


1. Can you tell me about yourself and your book?
I'm an avid reader of every genre, but especially thrillers and I really enjoy the writing process.
My book is a thriller and it's truly a fun ride. The Artisan is a humorous diversion with lots if action and suspense. And it's a very fast read -- with characters I promise you'll remember forever.
Especially the villains!

2. What was the inspiration for your book?
My inspiration was a dream I had as well as a personal fascination with genetic engineering.

3. How would you describe your writing style in three words?
Fluid. Fast. Funny.

4. What makes The Artsian stand out from other books in the same genre?
What makes The Artisan stand out is the characters. All the characters, even the minor ones are all quirky and vivid. And Gunter ... Well, Gunter you will remember forever.

5. Who would you like to play your main characters in the film?
Wow. I've had readers suggest the actor that plays Thor, Chris Hemsworth for Gunter. But my oldest daughter says no. She says who ever plays Gunter must have legs and a buttocks like a male ballet dancer.

6. Do you base your characters on yourself or anyone you know?
My characters come out fully formed and I never know from where. Although after a bit I realized that Gunter was a caricature if my father.

7. What's next for you?
I'm in the middle of book two in the Artistic Assassin Series, and I have several other books in the series already outlined.

8. Where can people find out more about you?
My website is: dyalbailey.com
and I have a very detailed author page on amazon.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...