This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Thirteen is here!

Thirteen is here!

1. Thirteen is finally out! For those who missed the first interview, can you tell me briefly about the book?

It’s a collection of short horror stories that I hope will appeal to fans of the genre. I tried to make each one unique and original, with plenty of laughs, jumps, gore and scares to please everyone. I hope I succeeded!

2. How does it feel to have your book out after ten years?

Pretty amazing! It’s been a long time coming. Since 2004 I’ve been doing it off and on, but it wasn’t until late last year that I came across it again and decided to finish it. I’m glad I did – I was spurred on to finish it and it’s a good feeling to finally have it out there. Now to wait for people’s reaction and, fingers crossed, some good reviews!

3. What is your favourite story in the collection?

I have a soft spot for all of them, but I do love Klown. It was one of the first ones I wrote and think it’s proper scary – a good, old fashioned horror tale. I do owe much to a certain Mr. King for that one though. Heartbreaker is also close to my, ahem, heart, as it’s a dark twist on the Red Riding Hood fairy tale.

4. Which do you think, would suit the big screen best?

They all have a movie or TV series quality about them, don’t they? I’d love to see Tiny Small Things on the big screen – I love a good infection horror story. Also, Hidden 14 would be really creepy, especially seeing Mr. Fleshy up there would give people nightmares. As would the Dummy’s Assistant from the Special Edition…

5. If you could select actors to play some of your characters, who would you pick?

Interesting question… I’d love Detective Munroe from Cat to be played by Clancy Brown and Reynolds to be played by Chris Evans. Oh, and the She Beast from Heartbreaker could be played by Scarlett Johansson.  There are just so many characters and great actors and actresses to choose from, but in the end I believe the reader can paint their own picture of what the character looks and sounds like. It makes the story more believable.

6. Which story in Thirteen would you be able to survive?

Blimey, not sure if I could survive in any of them! Maybe Klown, as I think it’s one of the first survivor stories, but I would still be scared. I wouldn’t like to be put through the 13 trials Jake has to go through in 13 though. He is much stronger than me! Maybe I could fight off the parasites in Tiny Small Things, but just…

7. Do you ever base your characters on yourself or someone you know?

Ha ha, well, not me. There have been a couple of characters based on people I hate but I would never tell which ones. Some are based on friends I know too. I would love to be the guy in Gnomes though. He puts up one hell of a fight!

8. Can you describe your writing style in three words?

Fast, gory, scary!

9. Why should people buy your book?

It’s like a haunted ride through the world of horror, with so many twists, shocks and surprises along the way. You’ll hopefully be scared, laugh and jump, and the stories I hope are unique enough to get everyone talking. Be prepared to be scared!

10. What are you working on next?

Ravens Edge is a Scottish ghost story with a twist, and I am thinking of four stories for
Thirteen 2, with other authors contributing their stories too! Watch this space – you haven’t seen the last of me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...