This is the blog of Samie Sands, author of Lockdown. There will be many great books and projects reviewed here. For more, check out thelockdown.co.uk.

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Tabitha Baumander

1.    Please tell me about your new book In The Name of Mother.

The concept in general came as I was increasingly becoming aware of “feminist” fiction which was supposed to illustrate how bad women had it using various kinds of science fiction and dystopian plots. They were the sorts of things that tended to be very off putting to younger women whose eyes tend to glaze over when you use the F word. The only thing I saw that wouldn’t do the same thing would be to take an extreme example of one sex dominating another in a culture but instead of women on the bottom make it men.

2. Where did the inspiration to write about a cult come from?

Culturally the one way behavior lasts from one century to the next is religion. In general it’s the go to reason for a lot of bad behavior from women getting stoned in Afghanistan, to Orthodox Jewish women not being able to marry again because their first husbands won’t give them divorces out of spite, to Catholic women being unable to access birth control.

3. What inspired you to start a writing career?

It’s the one thing I do very well.

4. Can you tell me about other writing projects you have worked on, such as script writing and any other books.

I have five other books and a novella available on Amazon.com with a lot more sitting on my computer hard disk waiting for their turn. I have a play that may be done this coming Christmas down in Texas. There are also a couple of scripts getting interest from small scale producers but no real progress on that score yet.

5. What have you got lined up for the future?

I’m working on a book right now that’s an adaptation of a screenplay I wrote last year. Other than that my focus is getting my books that are already done published and submitting scripts to everywhere and anywhere.

6. How would you describe your writing style in three words?

No clue. I’m self taught I don’t analyse well.

7. How has working with Inspired Industries treated you so far?

This dance just started kids. Ask me again two years from now.

8. Where can people find out more about you?

My amazon.com page is a good place

http://www.amazon.com/Tabitha-Baumander/e/B00F6GJCZ2

There’s also my facebook authors page

https://www.facebook.com/TabithaBaumanderCanadianWriter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincopa Gallery

...